Service Learning at Portland Community College
Service-Learning at PCC began as a grass-roots movement among faculty and staff who believe in the potential of education to transform students' lives and society. Now more than 100 faculty connect course learning objectives and reflection exercises with community service, thus allowing thousands of PCC students to volunteer with community agencies, learn about social issues, and make a difference in their communities.
Are you a:
Excerpts from student evaulations and journals:
- "I'm glad my sociology class got me to start volunteering. It's something I've always wanted to do yet I needed a bit of a push!"
- "It was a real eye-opener for me."
- "I loved asking the lady I was folding paper cranes with how long she lived in Oregon and suddenly her amazing life story came out to me unhindered..."
- "This program has brought a sense of fullfillment to me."
- "This Service-Learning project connects you to a community experience."